Zing!™ Leadership Development Curriculum
Zing!™ Leadership Development Curriculum is a “just add people” approach to the offering of a comprehensive leadership development curriculum around the original theme of Zing!™– as created by Nancy Hunter Denney. Especially designed to be applicable to a diversity of instructional formats, these licensed outlines are quality controlled and can be used as stand alone workshops, a complete on-going leadership series or to supplement a leadership training course. Of particular value, is the ability to use the entire curriculum – which contains twelve outlines (including accompanying handouts and PowerPoint presentations) – as a one day leadership conference that can be facilitated by as few as four people. The work is literally done… just add people! You can also choose which 12 program outlines best fit your training needs and custom build your system year after year. Simply review your program needs, and select your topics – or opt for one of the “Ready-To-Go” packages.
All materials are licensed and copyrighted directly to the purchaser for their sole use. Any form of sharing, duplication and copying is prohibited. Additional curriculum boxes are offered at a significant savings once the first site license is purchased. Please review the licensing information in detail.
To assist in the differentiation of program content and selection of 12 program outlines making up one curriculum or “system,” all of the available leadership development program outlines are listed in alphabetical order by the content or subject of the program outline, and then by the program’s title. Program titles can be changed by the licensing site, however, all coordinating materials provided by Zing! Leadership Development System, LLC (i.e. handouts, PowerPoint, etc.) contain the titles provided here. Next to each program title is a code representing the program’s topic level which is most helpful in selecting which program outlines will best meet the program goals.
Benefits of Using the Zing!™ Leadership Development Curriculum:
As a result of using the Zing!™ Leadership Development Curriculum, clients will:
- Serve more students and participants – many of whom might not get exposed to training,
- Improve the quality of their leadership development and education efforts,
- Broaden the diversity of training formats in order to meet different learning styles and programming needs,
- Reduce overall training expenses while adding value,
- Build upon previous year’s training and development efforts,
- Require less duplication of effort and staff preparation around leadership programming,
- Improve the facilitation and expertise of “on-campus” or “organization” educators,
- Offer a fresh new approach to the teaching of leadership as “influence,”
- Provide opportunities for those apprehensive about reaching and teaching, the tools to do so with ease and confidence, and
- Bring excitement (yes, Zing!™) to their organizations, communities and leadership education efforts.
All outlines have literally been tested on thousands of participants. Leadership training facilitators, students and educators with relatively little experience can be assured a successful educational outcome. Creativity, original content, infusion of the Zing! theme, current research and connection techniques are inherent in every program outline. People change.
Research continually reveals new insights into training and course development. Zing! Leadership Development Systems promises to stay current and offer responsive, sustainable and content driven program outlines.
Leadership Development Learning Outcomes
As a dedicated educator, author and trainer (with over twenty years of experience “reaching and teaching” current and future difference makers) Nancy Hunter Denney believes people learn best when they are inspired to learn – and, by a trainer or educator with a clear understanding of their learning outcomes and the significance of being relevant to their participants. Consequently, all program outlines contain specific learning outcomes and are constructed in a very intentional manner that motivates participants to do the following:
• Make a personal connection to the topic;
• Consider the relevancy of the topic to their ability to positively influence the common good;
• Seek additional information and review handouts;
• Actively participate in the learning process through critical reflective exercises;
• Build awareness of skill sets fundamental to leadership development;
• Engage in practical skill building experiences;
• Encourage individual change;
• Foster a personal sense of responsibility;
• Encourage an enhanced sense of civic efficacy;
• Improve participant’s sense of self worth; and
• Take ownership for one’s leadership development potential.
Zing!™ Leadership Development Program Offerings
How does a leadership development curriculum come together? Which leadership development program outlines make the most sense and in what order should they be presented? How can leadership education courses incorporate development based program outlines? These important questions are answered through the flexibility and freedom that comes with the ability to customize development efforts by literally picking and choosing program outlines under the appropriate topic levels. The concern over how “advanced” or “basic” an outline is written is eliminated because all outlines identify “Basic” or “Advanced” processing questions.
Topic selection requires consideration of the audience’s experience, desired learning outcomes, and process of instruction. All programs have been identified by three topic levels to allow for a truly customized curriculum. When starting a leadership program, the Ready-To-Go Curriculum is most convenient. Customized curriculums are a special feature of the Zing™! Leadership Development System! Pick what works!
See complete list of program outlines.